I’m sorry it’s a couple days after the challenge before I’m posting my recap/notes, but I had to drive down to DC from NH on Thursday and prepare for moving into my new apartment Monday. Also, I think I just sort of collapsed, mentally, over the finish line.
So, this is what I’ve learned/experienced:
1. Doing a ritual empowerment for 30 days straight is hard! Especially when you have to travel out of state several times and are not staying in your own home.
2. In retrospect, I think I would have had less”ingredients” in my sachet. I actually could feel my energy get parceled off into each element included in my bag. Since I haven’t haver done one before, I didn’t know. But now I do! I think it was smart to have an ingredient that represented/had the right energy for several different aspects of prosperity (Success, luck, wealth, financial intuition, financial protection, and manifestation) but I didn’t need several ingredients to apply to each thing. For example, I had three acorns, moss, bay leaf, Jade (one I carved the rune, Fehu, into), rose hips, allspice, and a dollar bill smeared with sweet orange oil to represent luck drawing. I really only need one thing, such as the jade or the dollar bill. Otherwise, it felt like the energy that was meant for luck got divided up between multiple elements.
3. That all being said, I do think my talisman is effective for a couple reasons. I brought it with me on two interviews and they loved me more than I think was charming. And they asked me to come in one more time to meet the “higher-ups” next week. I actually felt the positive, success energy pour off the sachet onto me. I also had a couple other contract job offers but we’ll see where they go. In the last two years, I’ve had interviews where the folks interviewing me loved me but some outside circumstance that I have no control over interfered, such as that they lost their budget for the position or someone came in last minute and was a good friend of the interviewer so they got the job. Needless to say, I’ve been having trouble finding a full-time job for the last two years, so this is actually a marked difference.
4. I’m not sure whether it is a result of the talisman or of the meditation, but there has been an enormous increase in my creativity (evidenced by all the pictures I’ve shared by things I’m making!).
5. Again, I’m not sure whether it is a result of the talisman or of the meditation, but I have also had some very interesting and I think (for me) prolific dreams that have come about this month.
6. The next challenge I participate in, I will simplify my ritual. I think that in my inexperience and enthusiasm, I made things more complicated than they needed to be.
7. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about ritual magic. I can feel energy when casting a circle, but evoking the four quarters still seems foreign. Sigil casting feels real to me. Calling on a deity feels real to me. I think I need to continue reading and studying all the various occult paths and ideas before I find what works for me. For now, this is good because it gives me structure.
8. Did I mention that next time I’m going to simplify things?
Anywho, congratulations on everyone who made it 30 days! This was both fun and enlightening!